It's a donation site, giving you the option to donate money to artists and content creators that you like, at the same price as a coffee. All support is very appreciated!
And as always: thank you all for following my work!
Please make sure you have read and understood my Terms and Conditions before contacting me!
Below prices apply only for personal commissions. For commercial work, please contact me via email for details.
HEADSHOT / PORTRAIT (simple background, max. 1 character)
- manga style: 105 USD
- semi-realistic style: 135 USD
WAIST-UP / HALF-BODY (simple background, max. 1 character)
- manga style: 185 USD
- semi-realistic style: 215 USD
These are the only types I am currently offering. No option for full-body, multi-characters, black-and-white, nor chibi.
Please send a note or email if you want to be added. People on the waitlist will be contacted via preferred method (dA note or email – pls specify) when slots reopen. 1 slot = 1 picture. If you plan to order several pictures, let me know so I can mark it on the list. Once contacted, you have 3 days to reply – otherwise I will consider your slot cancelled. You can request to be put on (as well as removed from) the waitlist at any given time until further notice - there is no commitment from either side at this stage. The list works on a first-come-first-served basis.
-email -email Melanie Manzana x2 (email)
UPDATE: Added some details regarding the workflow (in bold).
Please note that these are for digital commissions. I'm not doing traditional art anymore.
- Payment through Paypal only (transfer fee is included in the price)
- Currency: USD
- Payment must be received before I start working
- Payment must be received within 5 business days after I give you a slot
FLOW OF WORK:
- Step 1: Sketch - you can request changes to the drawing (up to 2 edits, NOT touching the main pose. For example: placement of hands or expression can be altered but the full pose not)
- Step 2: Color plan / Rough colors - you can request changes to the base colors (the sketch cannot be touched at this point)
- Step 3: Rendering and final image - no changes are possible at this stage
WHAT I CAN DRAW:
- Style: manga or semi-realism
- Fanart of characters from popular culture (anime/manga, western comics in general, etc.)
- Your OCs
- Real people from photo reference – though the person will by stylized to a certain extent to fit my style
- Tasteful nudity from the waist-up is OK for either gender
WHAT I CANNOT DRAW:
- Any characters that are offensive in any way (overly sexualized, hentai etc.)
- Old people
- Reference images are required. If you need me to work from description alone, a +10% fee is applied on top of the base price
- In case of very complicated character designs, price may also raise by 10-20%. If this is the case, I will let you know in advance.
- If you decide to cancel BEFORE I start working on your request
- If I cannot provide/finish the artwork for any reason
I can only provide a refund if any of the above conditions are met. No refunds in any other cases.
- Artwork will be finished within 1-2 months after payment
- If you need me to meet a certain deadline, let me know in advance and I’ll let you know whether I can work with those conditions or not
WHAT YOU GET:
- Digital illustration (there is no physical copy)
- Full resolution digital image in A4 size at 300 dpi
- Output: high-quality JPEG (unless you request a different format)
- These commissions are for PERSONAL USE only. If you’re looking to hire me for commercial work, please drop me an email to discuss the details
- I reserve the rights over the final artwork (meaning: I can post them online to my galleries and use for publicity)
- I reserve the right to decline any commission request without justification
- I may ask for your permission to sell prints - you have the right to decline in any case
- You have the right to use the final digital image for personal use (i.e. print it for yourself, etc.)
- You MAY NOT resell the image to third parties (i.e. make prints or merchandise from my artwork for sale, or resell the original digital image for money)
Any further questions, let me know!
Just a heads-up that I kicked off my Instagram account 2 days ago, so you can find me there now.
In other news, I'm going to open up for commissions very shortly. Please keep an eye on this journal, I'll post the details/prices soon.
Have a great day, everyone!
First of all let me thank you belatedly for the wonderful birthday wishes back in February. You are the best.
Winter has hit me with a dryspell in drawing for personal reasons, which is why I haven't been around much. But now I'm finally working on a couple of things so you'll see some new stuff in my gallery soon, I promise.
My artbook (and other books) has sold out. Thank you all for the huge support and making this possible!
For now I'm back with a HUGE update in my Society6 printshop. I've uploaded over a dozen illustrations from the past couple of years. They're now available as prints in different sizes, as well as all kinds of merchandise (phone case, tote bag, mug, pillow, clock, pouch, etc...). Feel free to look around!
All the following images in my gallery have been made available as prints (plus one from my Tumblr):
If there is anything else you'd like me to make available on my printshop, drop me a message with the specific picture and I'll consider it.
As always, thank you so much for your continued love and support! See you soon!
Just a heads-up that I've opened a printshop @ Society6 so if you were interested in buying some of my art as individual prints outside of dA, this is where it's available now. I will be adding more art in the future, so stay tuned (or follow).
Thanks for all your support, as always!
Thank you to everyone who left me kind birthday wishes on the 15th of February! I also got some lovely giftart, you can check them out on my Tumblr. Birthday was well spent with family and friends. I had the chance to see Cirque du Soléil for the 3rd time as they were touring in my city again, this time with the Quidam show. It was an amazing experience and I already look forward to what they will bring here next time (I wish it was Varekai!). I also went to see the Phantom of the Opera musical in the theater for the first time ever, and I'm still under its spell...! Very strong, magical performance - the music is on constant loop on my playlist.
I got a great opportunity to change jobs at the beginning of February: I'm now a graphic designer, which is very exciting and I look forward to this experience!
I'm going to Japan Expo @ Paris this year and share a table with
Merchandise list is still under construction, but I do plan to print an artbook (illust collection of the past 2-3 years) + some postcards, and I'm also bringing leftovers of my older books. More detail to come later!
I'm also taking part in the 3rd charity artbook project: . I'm excited because it will be an "Alice in Wonderland" themed book - my favorite theme to draw, ever!
Thank you all for your continued support, as always! See you soon!
-Choose at least 10 artists that inspire you and tell us why (I'll feature 13 because the list is endless!)
-Show at least 5 deviations from those artists that you love (I'll feature 3/artist)
-Tag at least 10 artists (I'll tag 5...)
In no particular order.
- Love her watercolors! *-* And I wish I could draw manly men like she does, hehe...
- Digital AND traditional artwork at its highest quality! Every visit to this artist's gallery pours a month's worth inspiration into me~
- She has a very unique style that I can recognize anywhere. Also love those low-saturated pastel colors so much~ <3
- this artist emulates traditional oil painting style so well digitally you can hardly tell the difference! Also, I'm forever in love with his mermaids.
- fantasy art at its best~
- gorgeous ladies, gorgeous dresses, gorgeous colors~
- very cool, effortless painting style! *-*
- Iya's composition, colors, characters and backgrounds...everything is simply perfection.
- Syn doesn't publish very often...but when she does, the "WOW!!" factor is never far behind. Each of her new artwork feels like a level-up in her already sky-rocketing skills.
- Loputyn's work reminds me of the type of classic storybook art that would really fit Alice in Wonderland. It's a wonderful mix of innocence and grotesque.
- every time I see Chernotrav's work, I feel like picking up watercolors too (but then I back out, haha...). She's undoubt one of the best watercolor artist's I've seen around DA. I'm amazed at her accurate and crisp lines combined with great composition and colors.
- I look up to Inma in so many ways...but the main being her resolve to reach her goals, her endless energy and capability to maintain focus that makes her able to draw almost 24/7 while providing quality work. Her speed and accurate lines have always fascinated me, as well as the poses she draws. <3
- if I want my fill of sweetness-overload and beautiful, bright candy-like colors, I always check C's gallery~
I tag: (and anyone else who wants to do it)~ ^^
THE BOOKS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams with relief sklghlsdk*
Finally.........;_________; And it was worth the wait because quality turned out PERFECT. Perfect colors, perfect tones, perfect everything. I'm so happy omg...TAT♥ ♥ ♥
I'm throwing in some goodies for you all as an apology for the extended delay. ♥ I had bookmarks made which will be included with every book. I'm also sending out the remaining goodies from my store (pocket mirrors, postcards and badges) but I don't have enough for everyone so they'll be included according to the order of buyers (sorry ><; ).
I'm starting to ship out preorders tomorrow and will try to be done in 2-3 days (there are a lot of orders and currentIy I don't have a car at my disposal so I'll have to carry them to the postoffice on foot).
A confirmation email will be sent to EVERYONE once your book is marked as shipped, so please check your email if you want to know the exact date I shipped your book. I'll post an update here as well once all books are on the way. ^^b
Again, thank you all for your kind patience and I hope you'll enjoy the book! *bows* TwT//
I'm really sorry if this is confusing to many...but I couldn't miss this chance given by the admins. You see, I wanted to have a name change for years (having Kamiya Kaoru's name from Rurouni Kenshin as my username + CHAN in it felt so outdated now...not to mention unoriginal orz) but moving accounts is such a hassle, you can't transfer premium subscriptions either and well, I've obviously grown attached to this account over the years. =w=; It's my first and only account, and I don't want to change that.
The good thing about the name change within the same account in comparison to moving accounts is that all the links anywhere on the internet that still say "kaoru-chan" will be redirected to "luleiya" automatically. So no dead links! If you type "kaoru-chan.deviantart.com" into your browser, you'll still end up here. And my watchers don't have to remove and re-add me to their watchlist either (in case of a new account).
For those who don't know: account name change is available only to Premium Account users (go to your account settings, it's there).
So all in all...I'm sorry for the confusion but I hope you'll get used to it soon. TwT; Thank you for the support, guys!
She even took the time to translate the whole interview to Thai. *-*;;
You can read it here.
Thank you so much, Meisan! It was such an honor! <333
- Listening to: Ray LaMontagne - "I Still Care For You"
- Watching: House M.D. season 6
She asked me a handful of good questions which, I think, many of my watchers have been wondering about.
So...if you'd like to find out a bit more about me, you can read my honest confessions here:
Know Your FAGs - [#Manga/Anime#]
|**|||***** The [Fan]Art of luleiya *****|||**|
Alexa [aka] luleiya is a Hungarian Traditional&Digital Manga Artist that blossoms with every illustration she completes--whether it be a KuroxFai fan art or Princess Tutu. Outside of this fan art gallery [aka] FAG, she stands as a beautiful cosplayer and photographer, making the deviantART community all the more enjoyable to associate with.
What age were you when you found out about Japanese Anime and began drawing it?
I think I was about 11-12 years old when I first came in contact with Japanese anime through series that aired on TV such as Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Candy Candy, Sandybell, Mila Superstar, etc... but it was Sailor Moon that made the biggest impression on me and which made me determined to master the style. I felt really inspired and motivated. I
Thank you so much!
- Listening to: Alanis Morisette - "Not As We"
- Watching: House M.D. season 5